Raise Your Game
How to start fundraising today for AIDS Walk 2019!
Thank you for walking to end an epidemic with us. Now the fun part begins: raising the funds that will support APLA Health’s mission of health equity for all communities.
Need some inspiration? Here are 5 on-the-money ideas you can try right now.
- Think of the two family members you love the most. Turn that love into a cool hundred bucks by asking each to sponsor you for $50.
- Ask your bestie to contribute $50 by promising to promote them to BFF.
- Be a boss by asking your boss for a company donation of $100.
- Walk around the block and ask 5 neighbors for $10 each.
- While you’re in downward dog, ask 5 people from your gym or yoga studio to contribute $20 each.
For more helpful tips to get you closer to Star Walker status ($1,000 raised), download our AIDS Walk Fundraising Guide here.
CDC Meets APLA Health
The current administration has vowed to end the HIV/AIDS epidemic by 2030, and APLA Health shares this mission of making AIDS history. As part of the CDC’s commitment, director Dr. Robert Redfield visited APLA Health on July 18 to discuss efforts to end the spread of HIV in Los Angeles County with community stakeholders. Health centers like APLA Health play a vital role, with tools and knowledge to provide culturally competent care and treatment as well as benefits navigation.
Director, AIDS Walk Los Angeles